View Single Post
Old 03-26-17, 05:37 PM   #208
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Jamming radio signals is more illegal than shooting down the drone. Whatever you do it has to be defensible as an "accident." It's difficult to use a microwave generator and a parabolic reflector by accident, but it isn't very difficult to accidentally fly another drone or RC airplane into the drone. Unfortunately your drone or plane would most likely also be destroyed.

Try "I was coincidentally flying in the same area and after passing close by the drone several times to demonstrate my good intentions I accidentally collided. Sure am sorry about that!"

It isn't even possible to turn on another radio on the same frequency and accidentally jam the signal. Modern 2.4 GHz transmitters frequency hop all over the spectrum and it's impossible to do any more. You can fly over a hundred planes and drones simultaneously with the exact same radio equipment. Good drones will simply navigate by GPS to orbit the launch point if their radio signal is messed with, making the microwave trick unusable.
Why is jamming illegal? Unless they prove your intent to destroy the UAVs in your area what would they charge you with?

In here I think the only things they can charge you with is the improper band usage, but I dont think that there are hard penalties for that.