View Single Post
Old 09-26-18, 12:05 PM   #1430
Kelly621
Officer

Downloads: 336
Uploads: 0
Default Ships Names and MFM skins

Von Zelda,
Go to the forum thread listed below...the third post gives you three FTP links. Click on one of the links and then scroll down until you see "IAMBECOMELIFE" click on his name and you will see the MFM skins mod you want to download.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...171019&page=26

I think I understand where you might be confused on Steve's Ships Names mod. Frist, in the readme included with Steve's mod is a list of additional ship classes that you can copy and insert into the existing EnglishNames.cfg file in your SH3 Data/Sea folder. You just need to remove, as Steve points out, any class type that he has changed from the original EnglishNames.cfg. for example in the original cfg file you have L01B = Heavy Merchant 01 you delete it because you are replacing it with L01B = Glennapp Class Merchant. The other new class names he provides you simply paste into the correct position within the EnglishNames.cfg list. Then in game when you spot and identify or sink a ship you will see for example a Bamora class merchant or African Monarch class merchant rather then seeing the same old "medium merchant" over and over again.

Second, The Ships Names.cfg file that Steve provides, you copy over the existing cfg file in SH3 Commander.Then after a patrol when SH3 Commander generates a patrol report it will use real ships names to identify your victims Here is an example of a patrol entry in SH3 Commander...

Ship sunk!
|Grid BE 82|
Sea Snapper (Old Tranp steamer), 3829 GRT/ts|
Cargo: Explosives. Crew: 60. Crew lost: 42

Make sure you have "Use Real Ships Names" option checked in SH3 Commander options.

Hope this answers your questions....I am running out of typing energy..it sucks getting old Sailor Steve please feel free to rap my knuckles with a ruler if I screwed any of this up!

Kelly621

Last edited by Kelly621; 09-26-18 at 01:21 PM.
Kelly621 is offline   Reply With Quote