Old 05-22-08, 11:36 AM   #199
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Downloads: 146
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuss
Hi PT,

don´t bang your head too often into the wall. Otherwise you wont be able to finish V4 of your brilliant sound mod. Have OLC in mind and his many versions.

Now back to my mail. You wont believe it but I read your readme before I mailed.

The question, advise, remark (whatever) was, now in short form, to take the captain out of the “Das-Boot-chatter-ambient-interior-part” (version two of your three interior ambient parts). The crew-chattering is ok.

The second point was to avoid too long speech-sequences (f.e. new radio-message) as they get boring when occurring to often

So now you can bang your head again if you want.

Nuss
About the captains voice, that's an idea... :hmm: ... I usually try to hear his voice as part of the crew, but I don't know that much german, so it's easier for me. I'll think about doing that for V4.

As for the long speech sequences, the radio message received one is the ONLY repeatitive sound, you can confirm that. So it's only one sound to fix. It's not a problem with the sound itself, but with the exagerated flowing of messages you receive in game. You should be receiving one or two messages per day, not fifteen! That's why it gets so boring! Are you using any radio traffic mod? I don't think it increases imersion coz it's only blablabla messages, ships that are in some location, when in fact they are not there. Nothing useful really, so I try to keep my radio traffic as low as possible. If you want, I can try to make a sound to please you, a special delivery so to speak. Or you can try to use a short morse code sound that is compressed inside the sound pack's main folder.