View Single Post
Old 02-18-15, 08:06 AM   #1040
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxeys View Post
Sorry if I wasn't clear - I want to play a career in sh3, but I don't want to use the career options in the commander mod. I'm more interested in other features of the commander mod, like changing the start date of the campaign, editing time compression, changing loading screens etc.

I'm not really looking to use the commander dossier and other such features right now, so I'm just wondering if this type of use case is possible
I think you might not understand what is involved. To use the features of SH3C that you want - especially career start date - you must define a name and starting flotilla in SH3C. But that's all you need to do. The personnel file and patrol logs are completely passive. All you can do is look at them. Same with the cabaret. The only interaction possible is crew management, and it is completely optional. You can ignore it completely and just use the crew management of SH3. You can turn off all SH3C career options on the - ready? - Career Options screen. So you can use SH3C exactly the way you have described. BUT you have to enter a name, starting flotilla, and start date into SH3C, then enter the same name, starting flotilla, and starting year in SH3. If you don't want the bother of making up a name, SH3C will generate a random one for you, and you can take the defaults for everything else. There is really very little that you HAVE to do to create a career in SH3C, and then you get access to all the features you mentioned.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote