Old 02-16-15, 03:40 PM   #1036
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerazzurri View Post
Thanks folks.

Thing is, I've not did any of those; and when I try to start the save game it loads until the initial script, 'a long time ago' or whatever it is, appears and then it crashes.

I also tried reloading the previous save, so losing the most previous one, but it behaved just the same.

Puzzling.
Not too puzzling. You have a corrupted save, for some reason most likely not related to SH3C. SH3 is prone to them, and there are lots of things you can do inadvertently to cause them. Since you ended your career with a CTD from a corrupted save, that qualifies as an "abnormal end". So SH3C shows the Null grid. The Null grid is not the problem. It is just an indication that your last SH3 session did not end with a normal save.

Now, you still have to find out what caused the CTD. There are lots of possibilities. I had a long thread going a while ago as I dug out all the things I had done to cause a rash of them in my game install. And there are lots of other threads you can find that will offer help. For now, if you want advice on this thread, you should post your mod list and, where you were, and what was happening in-game before your last couple of saves. Then people can start diagnosing the problem and how to prevent it in the future. But one thing you can be pretty sure of: The saves that are CTDing now are irrecoverable. "They're dead, Jim." Sad, but true.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote