View Single Post
Old 08-07-17, 08:08 PM   #30
The Bandit
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Boat View Post
For those who could be interested to I have quite the whole list of Cold War Era US Submarines accurately reproduced from blueprints:

Ethan Allen class SSBN
Lafayette class SSBN
Benjamin Franklin class SSBN
James Madison class SSBN
Ohio class SSBN

Barbel class SS

Permit class SSN;
Permit Improved SSN;
Jack SSN-605 (original with contra-rotating propellers and longer tail);
Sturgeon Improved SSN;
Narwhal SSN-671 (Sturgeon-like one-of-a-kind unit with larger diameter hull and intakes in the stern horizontal planes' roots);
Parche SSN-683 (with modified hull for X-OPS and fwd turtleback);
Glenard P. Lipscomb SSN-685 (Sturgeon with longer hull);
Los Angeles "688" class SSN (SSNs 688-718);
Los Angeles VLS class SSN (SSNs 719-725+750, complete with bow VLS tubes and hatches);
Los Angeles Improved SSN (SSNs 751-773, diving planes moved from sail to bow and reshaped, aft "wings" with pods, bow VLS tubes and hatched);

Another "eye candy" I modeled is the "Tapping Pod" used in "Ivy Bell" operations to eavesdrop comms on submarine cables...

Of course I also produced all the weaponry available in US Navy's inventory at the time:

Mk-44
Mk-46
Mk-45 ASTOR;
Mk-48 Mod. 3/4/5 ADCAP;

UUM-44 ASCROC;
UUM-125 A/B Sea Lance;

UGM-84 Harpoon
UGM-109A TLAM-N (nuclear tipped Tomahawk);
UGM-109B TASM (antiship Tomahawk);
UGM-109C TLAM (HE conventional WH Tomahawk);
UGM-109D TLAM (BLU-97 bomblet armed cluster Tomahawk).

All that stuff was originally produced by me for employ in Dangerous Waters but by having the native ".max" and ".3ds" files I can convert them into whatever else format (once established the one used in "Cold Waters").
Possibly many other "polygonal charge" previously limited by inherent limitations of the DW's 3D-Engine can be used to furtherly improve the accuracy of these models).
Hey, if we can ever figure out a way to do that I'd love to feature any of the assets you've made however I think you're on the right track talking to Julhelm. As far as I'm concerned, the more of my mod that KFG makes obsolete, the better