View Single Post
Old 03-24-17, 01:06 PM   #4332
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
Just completed my sixth successful patrol, earning awards and upgrades. My GAR (SS-208) now has a 4" Deck Gun, a twin 20mm AA gun, a cut-down conning tower, and the Improved SD Air Search Radar. Yet on 8/31/1942 I cannot get a surface radar of any vintage - simply not offered. I was under the distinct impression that surface radar was available in early 1942.

Is this a date error of some kind on the GAR files? Frankly, I was also expecting a newer boat by now too.

All of my patrols have been out of Midway. Have I set my radar and new boat expectations too high? Perhaps I was spoiled by TMO 2.5.
No not too high. All subs should have the SJ Surface Search Radar installed on June 1, 1942...including the Gar. By October 1942 you should start seeing an offer to purchase the SJ-1 Improved Radar for 500 Renown. It will drop in price a few months later, then automatically be installed on all boats by June 1, 1943, replacing the original SJ.

I just finished looking at the Gar .sns (sensor) file....it should follow this very date sequence.

Can you tell me what "Modified Date:" the Submarine/NSS_Gar/NSS_Gar.sns and NSS_Gar.upc files are in your SH4 game? Have the FOTRS Ultimate v0.56 "Activated" through JSGME into your SH4 game.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote