View Single Post
Old 08-18-10, 04:28 AM   #1
the.terrabyte.pirate
Navy Dude

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 0
Default TTP's OLC 'Gold' MkII Mapfix mod

I built this mod to bring back the option of playing with map contact updates switched on while using OLC's brilliant GUI and features. This is the only complaint I've had with the GUI, and from reading the 'Gold' MkII thread there are a number of other people out there looking to have the feature returned. It hasn't been tested with any other versions of OLC's GUI. It shouldn't interfere with any other mods unless they too have adjusted the map contacts or U-boat .tga files.

Instructions:
1) Install SHIII.
2) Patch to latest version.
3) Install GWX 3.0 and JSGME
4) Install OLC 'Gold' MkIIc through JSGME.
5) Use JSGME to update to OLC 'Gold' MkIId.
6) Use JGSME to install TTP's OLC 'Gold' Mapfix.

This file has update the following to OLC's 'Gold' MkII GUI mod.

GAMEPLAY SETTINGS:
1) Easy, Normal, Hard and Realistic settings have been reverted to GWX norms. No difficulty penalty for map contact updates as per GWX norm. No difficulty penalty for using the event camera as per OLC GUI norms. I agree that all of the information provided to the player through the event camera should have been realistically available to the u-boat captain through hydrophones, watch officers etc. To compensate for this the realism hit for not having realistic ship sinking times is 5%. On the other hand I believe that as a kaulein with a half decent crew on watch / navigating you should not be faced with empty expanses of blank map.

MAPS:
1) The scale at which information is available on the navigation map has been reverted to GWX norms.
2) The scale at which information is available on the attack map has been reverted to GWX norms.

Naturally with map contact updates switched off these will not display.

SEA:
1) All the _shp files have been restored to display the hand-drawn ship icons on the maps when zoomed close.
2) The U-boat location indicator with bearings has been restored to GWX norms.

This is a permanent feature of the fix.

Use this mod as a way to ease yourself into the OLC GUI before tackling 100% realistic plotting etc.

Thanks to the GWX team and OLC for their brilliant work. Hope someone else out there finds it usefull.

http://rapidshare.com/files/41363874...apfix.zip.html

Edit: Re-uploaded. Should work now.

A kings ransom, or a stove boat.

Last edited by the.terrabyte.pirate; 08-18-10 at 06:31 AM.
the.terrabyte.pirate is offline   Reply With Quote