View Single Post
Old 03-02-10, 09:12 AM   #69
Danevang
Helmsman

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 0

One does understand the frustration that some people feel, seeing their favorite game series changing (RPG elements etc.), but...

The game industry is just not as it used to be, the "niche games" that were plentiful some time ago are released more as tools than as finished games nowadays (i.e. everything Paradox releases), but I suppose we should be grateful that anyone releases these games at all. It won't be long before we only have something that everyone will play (exit niche games). It's not all bad though, I don't see many any other games being released with as much modding potential as these niche games (i.e. SH5 supports scripting), and those tools/possibilities are definately worth laying down some money, so that the GREAT modders of the former SH games might work magic, bringing these tools to proper use. That's my oppinion.

Too many people in here get too frustrated, and give up too quickly. Get the SH5 "tool", and let the dedicated modders make something brilliant. See the game grow over the next years, get exited everytime a new spectacular mod gives your game new life. That's something I've loved with the last games. Honestly, noone even slightly familiar with the SH series can be supprised that the latest game is not the perfect Das Boot experience out of the box. Rather, think of SH5 as a blockbuster movie, not quite perfect, but hey, it can be improved, hell, modders can rewrite the script and shoot the movie all over again. Perhaps SH5 shouldn't be given up on already?

Summary: This poll is way too soon, wait and see.

Last edited by Danevang; 03-02-10 at 09:23 AM.
Danevang is offline   Reply With Quote