View Single Post
Old 06-13-10, 07:49 PM   #37
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwolf View Post
There will be a campaign for it once I get the interior done.

So how exactly would I go about doing that? I merged over the .dat, .sim, ect and made sure there were no duplicate nodes and everything was in order. I also made sure that nothing called for the conning tower in the equipment file.
I started to work on the UPC. The first thing I tried was renaming all the unitpart sections to UserPlayerUnit and adjusting the numbers so nothing had a duplicate. Also commented out the section that calls the unitpart.upc file. Started up the game and got a CTD when trying to start a mission.

Next I tried merging over the unitpart section from the unitpart.upc file. I commented out the parts that change the texture and look for the conning tower files. I renamed the stuff back to how it was in the unitpart.upc file and readjusted the numbers. Started up the game and got a CTD when trying to start a mission.

I went back over the file for the past hour and a half and I'm pretty much stumped. I can pm you the upc data, maybe you can find something I missed.
I downloaded your sub and according to your upc file the tower changes. This idea won't work if the tower changes. That is the reason for the Unitparts file is to make the change in the tower. This is from your Subs.upc file. So for the idea to work the tower must remain the same. Sorry, I just assumed that on a sub like this the tower would stay the same.

[UserPlayerUnit 1.UnitPartSlot 1]
ID=InterceptorConningSlot
NameDisplayable=Conning Tower Mount
Type=NULL
AcceptedTypes=InterceptorConningTower ;Only UnitParts of this type could be placed here
IDLinkUnitPartIntervalDefault1= NULL, 1942-12-31, InterceptorConningMs9
IDLinkUnitPartIntervalDefault2= 1943-01-01, NULL, InterceptorConningMs32
ExternalNodeName3D= Z01

I don't know what changes, but if it doesn't need to change then the idea will work.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote