View Single Post
Old 04-20-08, 07:57 PM   #171
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by treblesum81
Hi all, I'm pretty new here and may be subject to some stupid mistakes, but hopefully you can help me.

First off, OLC you have produced quite an amazing improvement to this game and I'm glad to have found it.

Up until yesterday I was using GWX 2.0 along with your OLC GUI 1.2.3 and OLCE without any troubles. On downloading GWX 2.1 and this Ubermod, I've found that the atmosphere has reverted back to 8km and I can't seem to figure out how to bring it back to 15km. I'm running a clean install of SH3 with GWX 2.-0 +2.1 (installed according to the GWX instructions) plus OLCE2 and OLC GUI 1.2.3 (I have not yet tried the GUI special as I'm yet a mere mortal sub commander and not sure if I'm up to the new challenge).

My activated mods list looks like this:

GWX - English Nav Map and Grid Refs
GWX - Alternative Flotillas
GWX - Axis Mediterranean Aircraft Skins
GWX - Late War Sensors Snorkel Antennas
GWX - Lite Harbor Traffic
GWX - Main movie - 'Das Boot'
GWX - Merged Campaign
GWX - No Medals on Crew
GWX - Open Hatch Mod
GWX - VIIC41 Player Sub
OLCE2 (Ubermod 1.1 Part 1 of 2)
Torpedo damage Final ver2.0
WB's GWX messages
OLC GUI 1.2.3 Core Files
DoubleMastValues

I'm wondering if there might be some sort of conflict or possibly an incorrect order of installation that may be causing the reduction in atmosphere size, but whatever the case, I can now only detect objects out in an 8km sphere on a clear day with calm seas whereas under my previous installation using the first OLCE and the OLC GUI 1.2.3 along with GWX 2.0 I could shadow a ship from 13km-14km on only a marginal day.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg
It's not 8km, it's 15km.

You need to check the weather with your WO. Just because the weather is clear doesn't mean you have maximum visibility. This is nothing new in the Ubermod, SH3 has always been that way.

If your WO says "Visibility Moderate" then you can see about 8km. If he says "Visibility Unlimited" then you can see 15km.