Old 01-26-08, 03:51 PM   #70
ustahl
Watch Officer

Downloads: 156
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by napdev
Hey guys, I got a MSI GF 8800GTS 640MB.

I changed some settings in my nvidia control panel and then when I started the game and got to the loading screen the screen just turned pitch black.

I figured out exactly what setting it was that did it and but I dont remeber wich it was now. So I could tweak some settings without the screen turning black.

Well the problem is that right now I cant see the loading screen at all, no matter how I change the nvidia settings, I've even reinstalled the game but it didnt help.

Someone got any idea how I could fix this?
If you made a clean reinstall of the game, maybe something of your "wrong" Control Panel settings is still causing the problem. I would try resetting the default values in the nVidia Control Panel. If doing that is a problem, I would uninstall the video driver (& use Driver Cleaner to eradicate all remnants) and make a clean reinstall of the driver (the newest 169.21 is fine). Then, with both the reinstalled game at stock settings and the video driver at default values you should be back in square one, everything working again. Then work your way up again towards more sophisticated settings in small enough steps easy to be remembered and reversed, if necessary.