View Single Post
Old 06-19-17, 04:10 AM   #167
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
The lighthouse "main unit" can be made into an hidden simple mesh which will always lay at the soil/seabed level. This basic unit can be proxy-cloned as many times as the lighthouses that we want to add in game (proxy cloning is the process of duplicating an unit by cfg file, without actually duplicating its dat file).
I don't understand.

Quote:
Lighthouse models themselves and, where they apply, the rocks/shoals under them, can be stored in a library file and linked to a couple of eqp nodes in the dummy unit. In this way we can finetune the height of each offshore lighthouse + its rocky base by changing (in Wings3D) their vertical (Y) position in global coordinates.
OK. So, tell me if I understand correctly in this example : specific lighthouses types 3D models are created and placed into a .dat file, also the ruins models of specific lighthouses, and also different types of lights (color, duration, etc.). For one lighthouse, the node is cloned (without the 3D model) and placed at different altitudes (the name of one node is for example : "Generic_LH_no4_30m")

The .dat file of one specific lighthouse (LH_no4) is created and contains only one node : "X01". In the .eqp file you will create different "loadouts". For the loadout of 30m depth sea, you will write "X01=Generic_LH_no4_30m", and so on. So in the mission editor, you will be able to choose the correct altitude. But consequently, you must place the light type eqp node (let's say "X02") directly in the .dat file containing all the lighthouses, and I don't know if it is possible to controll it in the .eqp file of the specific lighthouse ("X02=Red_light_no7" ?).

It would be easier to raise the sea level at the same depth for each lighthouse we want to place at sea !

Quote:
At least for a start, we can keep things simple by getting rid of the zon file/ColisionableObject controller at the unit level, and by adding StaticObject controller and colllision meshes (as for terrain objects) to each rock/lighthouse in the library folder instead. I have already tested this method in SH5, and it works like a charm. It should work for SHIII too.
I was thinking about the rock which must be collisionable. I didn't know that the StaticObject controller could work with a land unit. So, what are the collision spheres useful for ?

Quote:
Have you read the essay that I pointed you to yesterday?
Yes.

Quote:
Air raids over our lighthouses would be a nice side effect, though I am not sure that they would happen (IIRC in SH5, where land unit interaction with other unit types is severely bugged, ship and aircraft just ignore coastal defences; I don't know if the same applies to SHIII too).
In SH3, airplanes always attack ennemy land units.