Thread: Carrier Ops
View Single Post
Old 09-28-18, 10:09 AM   #22
tAKticool47
Bosun

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

So I saw something half-extraordinary yesterday and felt like sharing --- involving flight ops.

I made a small test mission to mess around with, based on what the US calls "Amphibious Ready Groups" ... a Wasp-class LHD, a Harpers Ferry-class LSD, and because there are no American LPDs in the game, I used a UK LPD (is it Fearless-class maybe?) ... and because I was putting a handful of Russian surface and subsurface opponents, I added an Arleigh Burke FLT-I and a FFG-7 to play with to the ARG. So LHD, LPD, LSD, DDG, FFG.

Apparently the British LPD has some choppers. During the course of the "war", the British LPD AI decided to launch 2 of their helos. They flew around a little, and shortly after, the Russian FFGs & CG missiled it and it died.

THEN , THE TWO UK HELOS GO INTO A HOLDING PATTERN AROUND THE HARPERS FERRY LSD. One of them starts circling while the other one comes in for a landing, and lands perfectly. And I am amazing that it not only TRIED to land, but actually lands!

And then it blows up.

And right on cue, after it miraculously blows up, the second UK Helo comes in for a landing, lands perfectly again.

And then it blows up also.

I had never seen something like that before. And it would have been amazing had they not actually blown up upon landing.

Just thought I'd share.
tAKticool47 is offline   Reply With Quote