View Single Post
Old 08-18-09, 01:47 AM   #220
IronOutlaw
Loader

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0
Default SHV

Sehr Geert Kameraden.

It's been a while. Bet some of you thought I'd died. But I must remind you, old soldiers, (Australian ones at least), never die, they just smell that way!

Had a few things to deal with lately. If any of you guys are vets, you'll understand.

Well SH V eh! Now let's hope they do something really special with this one and have the harbour layouts conform to the real layouts of those same harbours. Generic ones are okay, but if you're going to make the very best U-boat sim, at least make the bases real as well. I'd really like to park my boat in Tirpitz Hafen in a realistic Wilhelmshaven. It'd be okay to omit the locks, as long as the piers and wharves etc., are in the right place!

Now, at the risk of upsetting some US friends, I also hope Ubisoft correct the engine telegraph orders in German. I have the German language used in SH III, with English text. The Germans never used the term "ahead one third," but that is what the German language version uses, "eins dritte fahrt voraus!" That shouldn't be too hard to rectify.

The graphics look awesome so hopefully this bodes well for the rest of the sim.

What more can we say? Ubisoft u. Romania über Alles!

Mit kameradschaftlichen Grüßen

Brad

IronOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote