View Single Post
Old 06-09-16, 05:18 AM   #6971
Aquelarrefox
Commander

Downloads: 159
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldcall View Post
So GWX 3 is really great however I wish they had not removed gaining renown from completing mission objective, ie: 24 hour patrol at x grid. I think the problem is its immersion altering for me. Removing the renown from completing ones mission takes away any meaning to actually following orders.

Is there a way to easily add the renown gained from completing mission?

One problem I have found consistently with Silent Hunter series is the lack of two way communications. It always feels like the world is a little static because other than mission completed communication there is no feeling of a real dynamic between sub and BdU. The extra communications added by GWX or other mods in rest of Silent Hunter series are a nice touch but one realises there is no connectivity between those comms and the real world outside your sub.

For me a great addition to any future sub game (Silent Hunter 6) would be a real dynamic campaign system something like the one in Falcon 4 where comms are connected to the world outside.
Rewon is easy to change, if i dont mistake is in basic config file. I was touching myfile and posible i will add a little rewon (50 in gwx) for reach in position (24hours dont seems realistic to me, and very complex sometimes playing with real navigation).

if you use h.sie patch, Dbu deoends on your situation, any way i think 25 answers coulnt get a incredible inmmersion, but h.sie wark is wonderfull and thinking is a patch compared to stock is great. Mybe if you want extreme inmersion, theres a mod wich bomb you with real mensages frmo Dbu, historic. The 95% dont affect you, 3% are instruction like JFO and 2% names you (incluiding your sunk! muajujuju).

i hope it help. i dont bealive there will be sh6. i would be happy if they realise a repacked sh3 without limitations for the 10th aniversary.