View Single Post
Old 06-09-16, 07:07 AM   #127
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
OK, I'm not sure if I have what your looking for. I haven't had v1.0 on my computer for a very long time, don't even own a copy anymore. So these screenies I'll be posting here are from v1.5 stock.

First, I was able to see that the convoy was in nice neat columns via the radar. The following screenshots run from game time 12:02 to about 12:13.

My submarine was not spotted either as I dived fairly quickly. So the ships scattering was not because they sighted me.
When we say the "stock game", we're talking about the game without any mods added to it. Makes no difference which version of the game we might be using (in this case v1.5). So, you did good....you ran the "Convoy from Hell" without any mods added to your game (except for the mission file mod).

Did you run JSGME'S "Compare Snapshot" feature to make certain your stock game files aren't corrupted? Always a good thing to do before testing the game.

The results look just like the two maneuvering mod videos?!? Strange the convoy doesn't do a better job at keeping station. Unless the .mis file was made with a mod activated in the background, throwing off the stock ships capabilities. That's something that one needs to be carefull with when making test missions.....you want only the stock game files in your .mis if your testing either the stock game, or what another mod may do to the stock game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Wolverine
This may sound stupid but how about putting more space between each ship..Maybe they are trying to avoid hitting with each other...
Yep, could be why the stock ships are scattering all by themselves. Comparing the test mission with a stock game mission (made by the devs) can reveal what distance or speed they used for a solid convoy make-up.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote