View Single Post
Old 10-29-08, 02:37 AM   #35
Graf Paper
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 2

I'm greatly looking forward to your progress on this idea, irish!

When you are able to implement events such as illness, injury, and more realistic fatigue, it will add another dimension to the realism and gameplay that helps make life aboard a u-boat more than shuffling crew from duty stations to their bunks.

By more realistic fatigue I mean not just being tired physically, as it is currently modeled in the game, but also mentally from the stresses of u-boat combat. Imagine the scene in Das Boot where the engineer, Johann, cracked under the strain of the u-boat being depth-charged. Perhaps even crew member deaths from the captain being forced to shoot them to keep the crew safe from raving maniacs..again that scene where the captain rushed to his bunk to grab his revolver in case he needed it to prevent Johann from trying to open the hatch.

Or imagine using fatigue to reflect the crew's overall health. Instances like..."Food supplies have spoiled, your crew's efficiency is reduced due to malnutrition." or "An outbreak of lice infests the u-boat, making everyone itchy and irritable."

Too bad the original SH3 devs did not set it up where you could place your medic in one of the Damage Control slots to treat injured crew in the compartments that were being repaired.

Many possibilites here that would greatly justify using renown and training for that medical specialty for one of your officers!

Please don't give up on this mod!