View Single Post
Old 08-12-17, 07:48 PM   #527
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLF View Post
Would it be be possible to have the spray go higher and be more wind blown after spawning (depending on wind speed). At the moment I feel there is a certain lack of fury in the spray.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLF View Post
At sea, when it is very windy, the tops of the waves are whipped up into spray. I would therefore suggest adding it to the highest waves - it might look a bit messy otherwise.
HI MLF,
could you please test the following patch?

Tourelle de La Plate v12 - Patch 9

For this patch, I have added wind-driven spray to the highest waves. The texture used could be better, and there is still some space for improving the effect. Water spray could be done to go higher and/or to move further away from the splash, but unfortunately spray particles are not physical objects, so the ones spawned upwind go through-and-through the lighthouse building. In order to make this visual glitch lesser apparent, I had to limit the movement of sparay particles.
I hope you will like the effect anyway, and I am curious to know what you think about it. Please don't hesitate giving me your criticism and any suggestion you migh have for making the overall effect to look better
gap is offline   Reply With Quote