View Single Post
Old 12-07-07, 05:10 AM   #2
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

You need to be aware of how the sim was created - not with gaming market on mind, but as a professional training tool for the real military. that said, it works extremely well for the gaming crowd, too. but when you wonder why this or that was included or not, and why it was done this way and not the other way, the answer always is: becasue the military customers demanded it, or did not.

If you want a sim on modern tanks, you will not find any better, and this will not chnages for years to come. It simply is the benchmark, period. That means, proper tactics and planning are the learning curve here, not so much the handling of tanks - that is easy. Which does not mean it is not realistic. It is - and very much so.

for the network thing you better ask at their mainforum, since it uses dongles, and the CD can be copied as often as you want, the procedure may be slighty different - I don't care for online and network, and thus do not know. But networking you can, certainly - it has been the major selling argument to the military. And just to put your concern abiout the money into relation: where you pay 125 $ per licence, they pay 18.000 $ per network with 8 licences.

Check the srceenhot threat, and the SBP ressources thread, both stickied at the top of this forum. there you find all links, addon info, and my review of it. It is an extremely long review, and most likely will answer all technical questions you may have on details and features. there is more stuff to read, too.

Finally I say this: in almost two yars it is out now, I still wait for the first customer complaining. the crowd is happy, simply that. You could only be disappointed if you expect an action game, or anything but a tank software.