View Single Post
Old 10-21-09, 01:33 AM   #115
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starforce2 View Post
it means when I load it, there's a background popup that shows up (behind the editor in my case, check your task bar) and says random group error. (edit-after rechecking, it's that damn akikaze again)

SM129 error is explained here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...=1#post1063616
It has to do with a type change, from 1.4 (battleship) to superbattleship in 1.5 I've not tried this fix to see if it works in practice.

Also, another question: Are there general merchants..meaning, merchants that can be jap but are not in the jap roster, IE generics used by all sides? Or are they required to be in the roster of the matching country to be used for that country?
My error window shows up in front, I wonder why yours shows up in back?

To answer your question: If a ship is Japanese flying a Japanese flag it will be in the Japan folder. If you count the ships, floatplane, survivor, lifeboats etc in the mission editor it is the same as the number in the Japan Roster. Now I think the game may use some ships 3D models for other countries but they will be listed in the other countries Roster and fly a different flag. So they may use the same ship but it has a different flag.

If you run into any, the Land units are different. Some missions have them, I don't know if these do. I sometimes put a refit station in a mission depending where and what the mission is. Land Units such as Airbases, Navalbases, Bunkers, Searchlights, Coastal Batteries etc are assigned the country when they are installed in the mission, they all use the same ones. And since you seem to be interested in missions, when you write your own, check your shore defences, some of them don't have guns in them. They are assigned a gun that does not exist in the game.

@Webster, just for your info, Starforce2 was correct in changing the 'Type' on the Huge European Liner, it is incorrectly set to 103. It is the Conte Verde and is 109.

Also on the AvailStartDate, I don't think it is what you see in the mission editor. In the editor is Entry Date and Exit Date which are different entries in the file. If you look at a file that contains a Balao, it will show AvailStartDate as the same as all the others 1938 but or course the Balao was not available until 1943. So I think those entries were suppose to be put into the boxes until you changed them, but the devs changed and did it differently and now I don't think those entries are even used. The AvailStartDate is always 1938 but the Balao put into a mission automatically puts 1943 in the Entry Date box.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Last edited by peabody; 10-21-09 at 03:49 AM.