View Single Post
Old 03-19-11, 09:22 PM   #29
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
I've received some feedback in the SH5 mods forum in regards to this saying that some other games that have modeled this behavior set the lifetime of the disturbance effect to 30-60 seconds. Currently I have it set to 8 seconds. What do you all think the lifetime of it should be
I also guess that 8 is so few; 20-60 is better.

Also IMHO isn´t a good idea to have the effect for the headhogs, they have a more short explosion, without so much bubbles, then its RL disturbance is probably despresible.

I noticed that the time is in minutes but I heave a much better effect when i set life_time=10. I don´t know why but the result was more noticiable and yet without excess.

Also on the file structure you use two DC explode´s effects to call the virtual bold. I use the settings that i wrote some posts above only attached to one, under_explosion (so, only 1 call per DC) and the result is very good and the file yet more simple.

But for sure this mod is so good that the community most try it for a while and then, with more observations, we can have at end the "best" settings.

Last edited by Rubini; 03-20-11 at 04:13 PM.
Rubini is offline   Reply With Quote