View Single Post
Old 10-17-08, 09:03 AM   #10
Thomen
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfehunter
System you have mentioned is fine just make sure it has alot of ram. Vista like to use alot of ram.

Vista also shares Ram with video memory so you need again alot of ram lol.

4gigs or more should be fine. Try to get dual channel 2gig chips if you can afford it.

Your processor is very good.

If your like me and don't Overclock your system then try to get an intel motherboard. I never have problems with them and their prices are fair. I find their strudy too. But research the motherboard and make sure you get the latest one and best. Its worth the extra few bucks because in the long run you want to upgrade your pc when you have a few more bucks later on. If you get a lower end one your system life span will be much shorter and money wasted. For motherboard also check if the ram is compatible. Even if its the right spec certain chips don't work well with certain Motherboards. They post their ram compatibility test on the website.

I may be wrong but Tigerdirect has the best overall prices.

example,

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...173&CatId=2406

Goodluck on your Hunt Neal.
More than 4 GB RAM only really works on 64bit systems. Even Vista 32bit can only address up to 3GB of memory, I believe.

I agree that tigerdirect is a good site. If I go shopping, I usually go to TigerDirect for barebones and to newegg for individual parts.

Quote:
Video card you have selected it very good for the $. I'm not a fan of ATI cards but you may want to take a look at them. Their prices are very good.
I used to love ATI cards.. hehe Unfortunately they limited the max screen resolution to 2400x600 if you use a Matrox TH2G. =(
The barebone I bought last year came with 2 8500GT. While not the greatest card, it works really well, even in the higher resolutions.
Thomen is offline   Reply With Quote