View Single Post
Old 07-17-18, 08:42 PM   #4951
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
Mueller will need a sense of humor and some magic to pull that rabbit out of his hat.

I don't think it will be that difficult for Mueller: so far, except for Manafort and the Russians who are out of reach, he has gotten a guilty plea and convictions for pretty much every indictment; its a very impressive batting average (I'm in a MLB All Star Game mode) and he has exhibited a prosecutorial method to not indict unless he can really nail the subjects of his investigations. There was one person who was asked about being interviewed by Mueller and his team and, while not speaking about the specifics of what was asked said something like "They have everything, they know everything". He has confounded the Trumpers by keeping his hand held close and not tipping his cards, something whic has given fits to Trump and Manafort. Remember, Mueller, aside from being a decorated Marine combat officer (Vietnam), has a reputation as a very effective and successful prosecutor and an equally strong reputation as a very well-organized and meticulous administrator; in other words, Trump's worst nightmare. So far, Mueller hasn't lost on the matters he has brought to court related to the Special Counsel investigations and he seems to be well on his way to success on the currently open cases...

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post

I thought I had lightened up. It's all very entertaining actually.

You say the funniest things...

Regarding Trump's attempt to walk back his own disaster at his presser with Putin, here's some things to consider: did he really misspeak or is it more a case of a very Freudian slip? If it was a simple misspeak, why did it take him over 24 hours to correct and clarify? He must have had someone point out to him what a hugely idiotic statement he had just made and it would be common sense for him to act as quickly as possible to correct any error; I mean, after all, the guy tweets about every trivial slight he feels, and he can't even get it up enough to at the very least tweet out a correction? His excuses just don't hold water...

...and then, today, Trump couches his 'acceptance' of US intelligence findings on Russian interference and influence in the 2016 Election by adding his fallback of 'and there are other countries who may have been involved' or responsible in spite of the fact no evidence to support that claim has been presented to date. Trump just does not want to openly condemn the actions of a foreign power to attack a fundamental, if not the fundamental, foundation of US democracy, the voting process. Today, a reporter even asked him if he would right then and there, make a definitive statement condemning the Russian actions and Trump refused to even answer. What is Trump afraid of, why is he so terrified of Putin? One can only conclude Trump is a spineless coward and a disgrace to the office he holds: he is like a cowardly general who will not engage the enemy and is as equally despicable...

It seems, also, the Trump may be trying to quash the truth about a statement Putin made during their presser:

The White House Transcript Is Missing the Most Explosive Part of the Trump–Putin Press Conference --

https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...script/565385/

<O>