View Single Post
Old 01-22-18, 11:09 AM   #1
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4
Default Do you play SH5, and what are you doing?

Hello,
I see a lot of posts with problems for SH5 in which there are ugly words like U-Play, black screen, tonnage bar and other bugs and malfunctions.

But I see no real reports about playing the game successfully. What's about you? Are you playing? Stock game? Mods? And what are you doing currently, are you enjoying the game?

Thanks a lot for some non-trouble but *playing* feedbacks

As for me:
I'm currently playing with TWoS without any bug and no crashes whatsoever. Currently I'm trying to meet some 'famous' historical battles out there, but with little success. I have tried to intercept the Bismarck when he leaves Gotenhaven at the right date, but nope, nothing in sight, not in the port and nothing spawning afterwards, at 40 feet depth my hydrophones remained obstinately mute, you should be able to hear a warship within 30 km, no?
Also I wonder if the SH5 game engine does simulate some bombardments of ports, e.g. the Tirpitz bombimg in the Tromso Fjord (Norway), or if this never happens anywhere because of engine limitations. I know that in SH3 a couple of mods do simulate this, and you also get to meet these famous battleships. But what about in SH5 outside of a mission?

Cheers,
XS

Last edited by XenonSurf; 01-22-18 at 11:18 AM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote