View Single Post
Old 02-19-18, 09:34 AM   #64
Delgard
Skipper

Downloads: 48
Uploads: 0

Not the best interview, I found it a bit disappointing. CBS, for their part, in playing on the emotions of the moment, and particularly the emotions of the children in the moment, not very developed emotions at that. But, drama does sell and all of the news organizations will keep showing it to their viewers. The one place that I find the easiest access to is the PBS News Hour show for avoiding the influences that say; news outlets have to follow for ratings adn influence that bring sponsor monies to the news outlet’s coffers.

I remember social demonstrations for other issues and they don't have much effect unless they highlight a tangible threat or criminal activity or series of activities that are coded into law. Protesting the Vietnam War, civil rights, and gender protection have taken many years to even get partially addressed. I applaud the heart, hope, and energy of these kids. I see them in my college classes and I do talk and try to bring them the un-biased outlook to directional change for their understanding,. If they still feel it is right for their social values and those around them Just remember that there have also been many that took their social values and created much damage. David Koresch, and many others, went a different way.

Some rights and liberties are very hard to change because of their purpose and legitimacy in what they are focused on. The 2nd Amendment, has a purpose above that of the wishes for any one group of people. There was very much a concern, at that time, that the government could become too oppressive or be changed by an undemocratically few, against the many. It is a basic right, one of ten basic rights. Those basic rights give us freedoms, but they also give opening to the People to have pursuit of a more-perfect Union.

The NRA, is on the firing line since they are one of few prominent gun rights organizations. But, they also support police departments, and other first responders in how they can better do their jobs when citizens impose themselves in the situation. Nobody wants to arrest the parents for barging on to the police scene, disrupting the medical first responders and the investigation as a whole.

The NRA has, also, conducted oversight or participation as a consultant to civil development techniques for communities behind the scenes to keep guns where they belong, and that is not a with a 19yo young man with probable mental issues that need addressing. Because the police, sheriffs, state, and federal assets are hampered by their job limitations, they can’t be everywhere at once.

I believe there was a failure here and changes should be made as budgets permit them to be changed. Who can be there on a regular basis? People that are around these individuals that step forward via the values of home and service work, and those that see the value in just reporting, and following up on their reporting. They can be there. They are taking a responsible action for their own community. Remember, many countries have weapons, but they teach responsibility, instill values to address problems in ways without guns. Problems do get sorted out in those places, but not with guns.

In most of these cases, I fault the parenting and inner communality for not addressing this and other social detractors for a safer environment. Notice, I only said safer. Social change on anyone topic requires leadership, tremendous support, for the opponent will fight the change because they have to be affected by it. That person out front has be out there focused on one goal and they have to be prepared to talk the right talk, walk the right walk, and be supported at the grass-roots levels. Mahatma Gandhi is one such person who has made dramatic changes. Only on one broad subject, but the concept, if seen positively and opened the way for more. The individual, after the 18th birthday, is now an adult and report issues. Their family, parents and siblings can help. So can the neighbors and the community.

The answer is not just the availability of guns and gun shops, it is having values, being responsible in having values, and expressing what values that are loving of our neighbors and, especially, our kids.

There are many steps that the School Board must address. Access points across an open-air campus, travel to and from the school, just activities that occurred in the school.

Parents, guardians have to actively manage their homes, know their neighbors on the street, and their community. They have to know that it is important and they have to report it. The losers can be/will be raised in a more responsible way and the values of acceptance, tolerance, evil practices are “not good”, and many other things will help to have a better social climate. If anyone is physically there, learning about how the different parts of the community decide to adjust and whether they do the work to implement those adjustments. Change will not be overnight, and it will be opposed.

This social change about mental illness and children’s safety is a good immediate step, but the families, the neighbors, and the whole community need to step forward.

And we need leaders at all levels that just have vision to help us go down a better road. That is America.

Last edited by Delgard; 02-19-18 at 09:54 AM.
Delgard is offline   Reply With Quote