Old 09-27-10, 03:58 AM   #221
Myxale
Admiral

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0

Here some input;
#
#

As for the CO, I think a approach between Realism and Game play would be best. Like you said!

For example my longest DC session was 6 real time hours ( I was playing W@W with GWX2.1 back then ).
Since it's a game, i paused many times and at one point i went to bed and resumed the next day.

So Giving the player the air reserves to last up to 4 full day is a bit much.

For dramatic purpose and balance CO should still be an important factor.

A balance between GWX standard and Realism + a few hours bonus to simulate the LI using some of his precious reserves wouldŽbe sound.

#
#
The silent running is only possible under 50rpm. Silent running affects the outside noise of your sub, with the low RPM to curb engine and screw noise.
And there was of cause the no working and talking or moving around condition in the boat.
I always assumed that this is the most economic way of air use. I remember my Gibraltar Mission (not RL ) where I had this idea too silent run through the gap.

I came far, but CO got critical and I had to wait late into the night to surface for a quick breather.

#
#
The chloride Idea is a good one, and I think adding a fixed CO penalty is better, there is also the Breathing set every crew member owned.
Which at one point would be utilized to fight the chloride Gases.

So giving a fixed amount of CO penalty after a battery is damaged sounds good to me.

But if you decide to enlarge the overall CO capabilities like they were in RL, then you could also easily stick to the ever increasing chloride gas idea ( CO rise due to the gases. Since the constant rise of CO could balance the enlarged CO capabilities...

I have no account, nor any good source on those matters. How common were damaged batteries and chloride gas problems??
Does a broke or leaking Battery is considered heavy damage?

--

Geeez I hope my rant didn't bore you to tears. But you have some really great ideas and I feel that this mod (patch)fix) whatever- will be the best thing that happened to SH3

Myxale is offline   Reply With Quote