View Single Post
Old 12-06-15, 04:46 AM   #208
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

A quick progress report:

I was looking at the *.cfg files of the ships and noticed that the mast heights seemed to be all over the place. RFB uses a system where the 'base height' is the deck, stack, or mast top, depending on the type of ship, and such. I never really liked this idea, and have been confused over which applies for a particular ship in the game. So, I am going change/correct this. This is a slow tedious process, however. I am using S3D to measure the actual dimensions of the game models, so I know for sure what they should be. I don't trust that the supposed mast heights agree with these. This program is invaluable, but also crashes a lot on my machine. I guess it's a Widows thing.

I have managed to get all the aircraft to make engine sounds. The last two seemed to have corrupted *.dsd files, the problem being fixed with new files for those. I am not crazy about the quality of the engine sounds, though. Some seem more like they are coming from a toy airplane than a WWII fighter aircraft, but it's better than having them silent like gliders.

After this, I will probably try fix one other thing, then if there are no problems in a final test, release it.

I am working very intensely to finish this, so everyone (and I) can use it over the holidays.
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote