View Single Post
Old 11-28-15, 11:01 PM   #201
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

I went through the UPCLocalization.tsr file, using WinMerge to compare to the RFB 2.0 file. I couldn't really see what might cause the problem, so I just copied over most of the RFB portions that appeared different. That should fix it, but I'm not going to test every class/version of boat.

I've incorporated various small changes that aren't really physics things, in this version. I have used, or intend to use them in my game, and don't see any real benefit to having them in separate mods. I'll outline what they are, so if someone doesn't like them, they can take them out, with a little work.

I was hoping someone would know how to fix the air torpedo business. I hate to be this close to having a working air dropped torpedo, and have to write it off, but I'm going to release the next version soon, one way or another. I made a mission for US torpedo bombers, to see if they worked. They don't even show up with a torpedo, so no help there.

Everytime I close look at a part of this game, I come away disgusted that it is such a mess. If there were 9 easy ways, and one hard way to do something, you can bet they did it the hard way. There are so many inconsistencies, even in the things that work, it is hard to know where to go to fix an issue. I don't really know why the air torpedoes are in a separate file. Why didn't they put them all in one file? Are they fundamentally different? What triggers the explosion?
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote