View Single Post
Old 11-28-15, 02:24 AM   #199
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

I think I've fixed the engine sound issues. They all seem to be the result of pointers referring to non-existent sound files. There are a very limited number of a/c engine sounds, so it is a simple matter to pick the best one. Oddly, some of them seemed like poor choices, so I made some changes. The had the 'Mavis' with the sound of the Sunderland, which is ok, but then had the Sunderland with a B-24 sound! There are only two single engine fighter sounds; the Hurricane, and the Mess. Bf109. No Zero, or Wildcat. I guess it shows what Ubi likes best.

I actually managed to get the Kates' torpedoes to drop and run by relabeling some things. I had to use the external cam and stop the action to make sure they just didn't disappear in the water, or get stuck in the sand. For some reason, they just go through the ships without exploding, no visible wake, either. Somebody must know how to fix this. There is a Air_Torpedo_JP.zon file with the damage parameters, but something is interfering with the function.

What is just as interesting about this, is that now the Kates will fly lower, slower, and drop the torps before getting too close. I only need this one last piece of the puzzle to make them work.

I know there have been similar game bugs before. Does anyone have any ideas?
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote