Old 03-06-08, 02:15 PM   #26
Tomcattwo
Loader

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Default Reply

Jaeger said:
Quote:
nice mod, thanks for that. i have some probs using it. i installed it correctly, (sh3 stock, 1.4b) by activating the mod in jsgme and running the correct bat file (sh3speech_GWX2.bat). i can go to the stations, but i cant mark a target by voice command. i saw your readme, the order "target bearing mark" should lock the target. (btw: the order "lock" brings me to the map all the time). the problem is: nothing happened. i controlled the running batch file, it recognizes the order "target bearing mark" correctly. it tries to press ctrl-L, which is correctly written in the commands_en.cfg. but nothing happens! i cant lock the target. what i am doing wrong?
Re: Target bearing mark problem: Command worked OK in beta test. Command is going out correctly ("i controlled the running batch file, it recognizes the order "target bearing mark" correctly."). commands_en.cfg has the right keystroke mapped ("it tries to press ctrl-L, which is correctly written in the commands_en.cfg"). Is it possible target was at long range? Sometimes SH3 doesn't like to keep a target locked which is a ways off. I'll experiment tonight when I get home. Sounds like SH3Speech was doing what it was supposed to do.

Re: "lock" -> map. This may be an issue of either your pronunciation, or your mic (is it a good quality mic?) or the sensitivity of your mic (there are tips in the readme.htm in the SH3Speech\docs folder on how to set up your mic sensitivity in SAPI 5.1). If the mic sensitivity is too high, the input sound can be distorted and cause problems with SAPI recognition. Check your mic sensitivity in the SAPI 5.1 aplet (If I recall properly, it's under Control Panel\Speech Recognition or something close)
Workaround: use the command "Lock target" which is an alternate order, and which shouldn't be confused by the SAPI with "map" Opposite command is "Unlock target" They'll work In fact if I recall correctly, I use "Lock target" and "Unlock target" myself.

R/
TC2
Tomcattwo is offline   Reply With Quote