Thread: Torpedo mine.
View Single Post
Old 05-08-14, 10:09 AM   #13
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

since the thread has risen from the dead i'll add something to it for any new readers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteamWake View Post
Wait a second.. the officer will ask you if you want a circular runner? Thats awsome.. I've never seen it.

I guess the stratigy would be to launch it in their general direction and get down deep and out of the way.

Might be a good way to get that parting shot off.
yes, this is sorta what you do but it will stay where its fired so you need to be where you want the target to be when it gets hit (like dropping a mine).

you get deep enough, say 75 feet (so your not too deep to open the torpedo doors and fire a torpedo) then set the torpedo to run shallow and set it loose in the convoy or destroyer screen even.

you can set two or three off and space then apart so you have a good chance to get more then one target and finish it off after the rest of the ships move off or at a safe distance after its crippled.

I remember there was some work done (in sh4) to make a torpedo that had a speed of next to nothing so it would almost float like a mine but I don't think it was that popular because of how rare it would be to get hits unlike a circle runner that is very likely to take out any ship that crosses its path because it is circling

Last edited by Webster; 05-09-14 at 08:01 AM.