Old 04-11-11, 01:10 AM   #56
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
little update about the radar...

started a "Open Horizons" campaign and equipped the boat with the latest/advanced radar system aviable in March 43 (FuMo-65).

...12 hours later wind at 3m/s TC drops to 1, my radar warning receiver (FuG 26 Tunis) reports radar signals detected (via message box, no sound or voice or something, would be nice to have), so i decided to manualy check the radar screen. After watching it for 2 minutes i found 2 sometimes 3 medium sized spikes, indicating a contact range of about 8,5 km, bearing 300 deg of bow. After some maneuvering and turnings i also found that the indicated contact bearing is wrong, the scale writing on the turning wheel is mirrored, so in reality the contacts had a bearing of 60 deg. (old SH3 bug ?).
I am using the FuMO-29 on Type-VIIC right now and not seeing the error for Bearing to Target. So the Texture is not wrong. Maybe I can reverse (flip-flop) setting for rotation in SIM to correct this issue. Change "0-360" to "360-0" might fix what you have reported. I will check when I get new boat VIIC/41.

Currently at night using Red Lamp, I can't read Bearing from Radar Bearing Wheel. I asked Naight if it is possible to make RR brighter at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
another question, may it be that the radio man isnt reporting new radar contacts because of not beeing skilled using special abilitys ? (Radar direction finder ability (which should boost radar range for him or the sensor ?) is disabled using "No Magic Skills" mod. (required entrys in messageRA.cfg are present).
Even with Wolfi fully Trained as Radio Man he does not report Radar Contact's. He does not report Radio Contact either unless you ask him.
This is a SH5 Stock Bug that really needs to be fixed.

Also, the FuMB-391 'Lessing' and FuMB-26 'Tunis' Radar Detectors are the one Radar Detectors that are supposed show direction to the Radar Source. All other Radar Detectors are supposed to just warn you that a Radar Source is in your Area within detection range.
The FuMB-26 is also not supposed to be Round Model on Post 'Rabbit'. It is supposed to be square antenna mounted on the back Side of the FuMO-30/61/64/65 Radar Antenna so it rotates with the Radar.
The FuMO-391 is a Round 'Rabbit' Model that mounts on top of the Snorkel. It is close to being same stats as FuMB-26 but range is reduced because it is so low in the water when in use.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire

Last edited by TheBeast; 04-11-11 at 01:23 AM.
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote