Old 03-18-19, 02:38 PM   #4
DICY
Nub

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Love these suggestions
Thanks! I noticed most of the feedback is for things like single player, campaign, bots, fully modeled ship interior, etc. and while these are all great they also take a ton of work and planning and need to be viewed as longer-term goals. Sometimes it's nice to get some bite-sized feedback that can be quickly addressed with a few hours/days of work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutted View Post
ALSO....

A user music folder, with a config file for us to edit (so the tracks can display nicely in the gramaphone UI).
This is a great idea and would be really nice to see, but it's probably a bit more complicated than it seems. I'd have to do some digging around to confirm, but if you want all players to be able to hear the user music I believe it creates a legal problem. The game would have to transfer the music files to the other connected players for them to be able to hear it too, which is obviously an issue since that's copyrighted content that isn't owned by the player or developer.

The alternative would be to make it so people can only hear music from their own user music folder (similar to what Rockstar does with their Grand Theft Auto PC ports), which would be cool but not as cool as if everyone can listen to the same music together. Also I'm making some assumptions here, but my guess is there are a couple technical/design conflicts this would introduce that might actually require the entire system to be rewritten, it's possible that this is actually a lot more work than it might seem. Only the devs would know that for sure though.
DICY is offline   Reply With Quote