View Single Post
Old 02-10-13, 09:35 PM   #6
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Just picked up on War Thunder, it's not that bad, not really played much yet, sadly the Full Real servers look pretty empty at the moment, hopefully that'll pick up with popularity, but even so it's a damn pretty looking thing.
I think the 'World Of' series has got very serious competition, and the thing that sets War Thunder apart from World Of Airplanes is that it has a full cockpit for those who want to use it, whereas WoA doesn't, or at least it didn't when I last played it.

Furthermore, the next release looks to be the tanks, and...well...to say that there will be quite a selection is an understatement.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.ph...er#Post3719083

Now, if they can put in 'cockpits' for the tanks as well, and also eventually the ships/submarines...then I think that they will be on to a winner.

It's never going to be a fully fledged simulator, but neither is World of Airplanes or World of Tanks. Don't go into it expecting DCS and you might have some fun.

Oh, and unlike WoA, it also features the RAF and IJA/N. Which means it has the Typhoon and Tempest, as well as Task Forces favourite aircraft.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote