Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipp_Thomsen
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboywooly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipp_Thomsen
"We advice not adding third party mods into gwx"

I readed this once... and twice

GWX dev team is always working to achive perfect realist...

Then why so dont they work together with another modders, like RacerBoy for instance? The open hatch mod, the sh4 effects for sh3, the torpedo damage effects mod, all of this brings so much more realism to the game, and yet looks like gwx dev team do have ever they can do to ignore this work and the nasty habit of throwing wrenches on other modders plans. And yet there they are, constantly working hard to make their mod once again compatible with the new version of gwx. Sometimes I have the feeling that this is being taken as a competition. "how to make people love my mod while i torpedo my arch-enemy's mod to the depths..."

We are all here wasting our time discussing ideas on how to make sh3 each day better, coz the undeniable fact is that we all love this game. Why shouldnt we work together?
You may have read that its not advisable to add third party mods into GWX 2 UNTIL they have been updated to work in GWX 2

So lets look at your posted list

Open hatch mod - Diving Duck
Part of the GWX team - adding the previous versions of DivingDucks open hatch mod will mess with DivingDucks new GWX 2 interiors

SH4 effects for SH3
GWX policy is not to use SH4 stuff
No doubt when RB gets round to it it will be updated
As its his mod thats up to him to do

Torpedo damage effects mod ?
Not sure on that one but if its the TGA I am thinking of its already been said thats ok to use as only a TGA

Now Philipp_Thomsen
I know you have a bee up your jacksy where GWX is concerned but engage brain before thinking
Mods that worked with GWX 1.03 WONT always work with GWX 2.0
Encouraging PPL to use mods that obviously conflict is just plain stupid

Tis up to the creators of those mods to update them
Not GWX
Hell if we did update them you would be moaning next about grabbing everyone elses mods

OLC\RB and others will update their mods when THEY see fit and have the time

Many of the GWX team\crew use other outside mods
I do
BUT ones that are compatable

I know all that, u missunderstood me...

What i did say is that gwx dev team could do something to help the compatibility of those mods, coz they're masterpieces, just like gwx. I dont know... maybe sharing information, or maybe helping to put all together into the mod... i've heard some complains about other modders about lack of interest from the gwx dev team, thats all im saying...
Well the torpedo damage is just a TGA as stated before and doesnt need any work

Diving Duck will update his work when RL permits and has all the help he needs - not that he wants any as its his mod so he wants to work on it

And I dont misunderstand you
You said that we discourage ppl from using other mods
As posted above are the reasons
For now
When they are all updated there will be no problem

You cant win in here
Its either GWX is taking over all modding OR not taking over enough

There is also another reason no one jumps as high as you want
Some of us have spent 2 years working on GWX and are just plain tired
Add the holidays into that too and you get where we are

Plus some of us are still working on GWX 2.1

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41