View Single Post
Old 03-22-17, 09:06 PM   #814
flugkapitan
Loader

Downloads: 47
Uploads: 0
Icon9 Cannot install

Herr Kaleuns,

After spending 2 frustrating evenings trying to get this MegaMod to install, I decided to reach out for some help.

My system is running Windows 10 Professional 64 bit. Meets all the requirements for the game and then some.

I was playing SHIII with the GWX Gold Megamod (modded) a few years ago but ended up moving on to some other simming. After reading about LSH 2015 I decided it was time to revisit this sim that I had enjoyed so much in the past.

I went through the tutorials THEBERBSTER has put together (Thank you for your effort - much appreciated!) in order to prep my computer for the sim and also how to install the mod properly. I followed all steps exactly.

I downloaded the multi-part files installation method using the download manager that was recommended in the tutorials. I checked to make sure the size of the files were correct after downloading.

When I run the multi-part installer exe file (as administrator) I get to the opening screen where I select my language, after selection of the language, it goes to the page where it outlines the system requirements (mine are sufficient), then when I click OK, I get the following message: "Unable to locate packed archive".

I am installing the original game from a non-StarForce Dvd that also has the 1.4b patch. When installing from the Dvd the only thing I did not allow to be installed was the "Game Shadow" feature. Just seemed to be silly to me to allow that feature to be installed on a sim/game that in its original form is pretty long in the tooth, so to speak.

I have the location that I re-installed SHIII to and the folders that I downloaded the multi-part files to on the same drive, in this case D.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Scott
flugkapitan is offline   Reply With Quote