View Single Post
Old 08-10-12, 11:22 AM   #17
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thylacine View Post
Whilst i have no personal problem with the current system (as I'm patient and a quick google finds many alternative sources for most downloads anyway) it does seem a tad unfair/ineffectual.
Limiting data quantity vs number of downloads would seem the obvious solution, making all parties happier and achieving much more in terms of minimising hosting costs than the current arrangement.

ed
interesting idea of a limit based on data size? just not sure how that would work as the cut off might result in corrupting a download. plus how to address the huge size of some mods like tmo and rfb that add up to enough data so you could get 30-40 or more downloads to equal that size.

remember, the idea with number limits on downloads is so the next guy can get his downloads too and it doesnt slow down the servers on the site.

i just lost all my files and had to redownload my own mods to get them back so yes its frustrating being limited but i just did 10 each day and i got them back. new members who want ALL of the mods out there just need to do the same.

my advice is to just make a list of mods you want then use the list to prioritze then 10 you need most so you dont waste downloads on things you can wait for and get tomorrow. using your list you google search for them and as i did you can find most of them elsewhere and then use your 10 downloads here for the ones you cant find.

do you realise how rare it is to need more then 10 mods in one day? for such a rare occurance why redo the system that is working fine?