View Single Post
Old 01-17-12, 09:08 AM   #842
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by reallydedpoet View Post
Did not realize that, nice to have the option ( fast travel ). Perhaps I'll fire it up again and try both ways. Thanks for the reply
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krauter View Post
I like Drewcifers option, where you travel to the nearest main city. Travelling to some obscure mountain pass does seem kind of cheesy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaniam81 View Post
I will admit I will take the carriage between towns. But I usually walk to a quest but might quick travel back, unless there was something I wanted to do on the way.
I will take the carriage between major towns, because that seems less like "cheating" than using the fast travel function. I mean, you're using an actual convenience provided to your character by an NPC, your character isn't teleporting anywhere. But typically I will only do this if the *only* reason I need to get to a capital is to deliver some random item or report to a specific NPC in order to finish a quest.

Um watch out guys on the Fast Travel thing, though, I am doing that less and less and almost never to an important location like a hold capital or settlement or someplace with people/services/etc. that are valuable to me. Too much fast traveling = DRAGON. I think the "random" dragon attacks are scripted to occur so many times in a given timeframe or something, and fast traveling a lot keeps advancing the time in-game and then so much time passes and *boom* suddenly you're killing dragons IN DOWNTOWN RIFTEN I kid you not.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote