View Single Post
Old 11-15-05, 02:14 PM   #2
FERdeBOER
XO

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 1

Yes! I've thought on when I saw a post somewhere in the forum.
I went to Harpoon HQ page and were reading come mission reports. Unfortunately I don't have any Harpoon games, so I cannot explore it deeper.

But just the reading of the page gave me some interesting ideas... :hmm:

In fact, I tried to make one single mission based on harpoon ones, but I becames too complex and, on a second thought it resulted better to set "show truth" and enjoy the spectacle than being a submarine and lay for small secondary goals while there's a great big battle out there

But I think is a great resource, not just for "importing" missions, but for giving scenario ideas.

The worst part is that in DW are only a few countries (hoping DWX resolves that), and not with the whole ships on them, so is "limited" compared with harpoon.

Quote:
I'm not experienced in scenario making at all, I'm trying now to make GIUK scenario Attack the Bastion - Assault on Soviet SSBNs. I wonder now if there is variable starting position possible in editor, other than random start box .
Yes, you can use "dynamic locations". This option is on the "Add" menu.
Whith that you can set various places, select which plataforms are affected, and how many of them.

i.e: you can set 5 different places for 8 ships, but select min 2 max 6, so sometimes will appear 6 ships, other 2, other times 4... and on different locations.

If you need a more detailed explanation, just ask