View Single Post
Old 05-24-20, 05:57 AM   #6
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokolov View Post
Thank you for big answer , Gap. If you, i know you made DynamicEnvironment, answer me on that question, may be you answer for another. I tried to use sh5 shaders on sh4, as i understand, it's not work, yes? Anyway, i have a trouble with my sh4 environment now - water too transparent, or to transparent underwater. How i can resolve this problem, what parameter in what file i have to change? I have a expirience with S3D editor.
Hi sokolow, you can't edit shaders using S3d. They are plain ASCII files, so they can be opened/saved using Notepad.

I don't think you can reliably use SH5 shaders in SHIV as SH5 added support for the granny format and its shaders were rewritted for that task. A few of them might backward-compatible, at least in part, but I wouldn't recommend you following that path.

I don't understand your question though. Has SHIV's water surface always been too transparent for you, or it became too transparent after you tried SH5 shaders in SHIV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
There are many components to the AI: the sim.cfg file, sensors.cfg file, the sensors themselves and crew rating. Adjusting any will influence AI behaviour.
You have made some good points Bilge_Rat

Last edited by gap; 06-14-20 at 03:48 AM.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote