View Single Post
Old 04-15-08, 07:28 PM   #29
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeFF
Heck, Ubi has been doing this for years with the IL-2 Sturmovik series, and hardly anyone has batted an eye about it. Yeah, there's always those grumblers, but overall the majority of the community is running the latest version of the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman
LOL not to mention EA sports in all its branches: Soccer, Hockey, Basket....

Or Papyrus in the famous NASCAR Racing series....

Or Quake...
its not about paying for expansions, hell the expansion was a gift at $10, its worth $30 easy, but as i stated before ubi put it out and advertised it as a u-boat expansion pack "WITH UPDATE 1.5 BUILT IN" so thats what stuck in my craw.

ubi created my desire for the now non-existant patch 1.5 by talking about it only to say now that it cant be had without buying the expansion, and they now are calling it "game enhancements" rather that saying its a patch. i dont want u-boats, i own sh3 so i have all the u-boats i need.

i don't know what changed their minds, maybe the new patch 1.5 files wouldnt work right with the stock game unless they worked out some glitches with it so rather than invest any more time working on it they decided to stop all mention of a patch 1.5 existing in an attempt to avoid people like me wanting it and feeling slighted.

as it stands right now, i feel i have to buy an expansion i dont want just to get all the latest game fixes and be compatable with most of the available mods being created.

if they could enhance the game with the expansion, then they know how to put together a patch to further improve the stock game. the work has already been done in the making of the u-boat expansion, its just a matter of putting the files together for downloading.

just to be clear about this:
im not intending to be slamming ubi on this, i just feel very dissappointed that they chose to not create the stand alone patch 1.5

Last edited by Webster; 04-15-08 at 09:15 PM.