Thread: SH4 1.5
View Single Post
Old 04-13-08, 08:23 PM   #23
CaptainHaplo
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0
First off, my original post was a bit spur of the moment, so if it was a bit strong I regret it. With that said - UBI screwed up by calling it 1.5 - had they simply said "expansion" or SH4 V2.0 then the issue would be moot. I dunno about what they claimed regarding it being a "patch" - if thats what they called it then its their own fault - but lets face it - those sales and marketting folks screw stuff up all the time. Doesn't excuse em for it though.

The biggest thing you hit on is that 1.5 has alot of bugs. Your right - it does. In many ways 1.5 is less reliable than 1.4 - for example - the CO2 bug. Thankfully I am sure that there will be a further "patch" to UBM. One is almost always budgeted in. The question then will be is it only for UBM users, or will they make a seperate "stripped" version for the original SH4. My money is on 1.4 being the final patch for SH4 in its original incarnation, and any future patch will be for UBM only.

Is it fair or right? Debatable. But think of it this way. Basically all of us who paid our money for UBM, would be financing a "standalone" patch for those that didn't buy it. It may be called the free market - but that ain't what it means!

In the end, we may just have to agree to disagree on this. Either way, obviously I am not unhappy about the $ I spent all things considered, though I do want some bug fixes put out for UBM. *Actuallly - there is one "performance" fix that I have been screaming for since SH3 - so I shouldn't hold my breath.

Captain Haplo
CaptainHaplo is offline   Reply With Quote