View Single Post
Old 04-13-08, 06:34 PM   #22
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHaplo
I work in a business where part of what I do is deal with software. We have various VERSIONS of software - but just because one is a later version - does NOT mean its a "patch" applied to something earlier. 1.5 is a seperate VERSION of software. There is no 1.5 patch because what is BUILT into the engine of 1.5 is not compatible without the elements of the UBM. Yes - the core is still there - but the core has been changed to deal with new elements and variables.

Lets drop the anti-corporate rants huh?
well from the very begining ubisoft had advertised it on their website as an add-on with "patch 1.5" already built in, so this was started by them in the first place.

ubisoft has since removed any mention of the word patch or v1.5 from the u-boat expansion pack description, which i have no doubt is a direct result of the complaints about not having a free download version for patch v1.5.

as it is advertised today, it is only promoted as an expansion pack for sh4 with game enhancements so no mention is made anymore about the "patch".

had ubisoft never declared the existance of a patch 1.5 then no one would be looking for it. they run a buisness and it is not good for buisness to give something away for free if people want to pay for it so maybe they decided to not make patch 1.5 available so that the u-boat expansion would sell better.
then again maybe the patch1.5 caused just as many problems as it fixed if it were used without the add-on, so it cant be seperated from it.

Last edited by Webster; 04-13-08 at 06:57 PM.