View Single Post
Old 04-13-08, 02:26 PM   #19
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk
Who dug this up? BTW, best $10.00 I spent in a while. I see years of enjoyment for $10.00.
the add-on is indeed a very good bargain at $10 and well worth it, the "patch" however is only available if you buy this add-on.
until the patch is available as a free stand alone then it is in fact a "patch with added content" that you must pay for.

my take is that ubisoft is now saying that it wont fix any more flaws in a game you already paid for, unless you will pay us more money, oh and by the way,
just to get you used to paying extra for something you already bought we will give you added content so you feel better and now that you are used to paying extra we can do this will all our games from now on.

no more free patches for games, suckers! ha ha ha!

i heard opinions saying the patch will be available as a stand alone soon, well it has been out for a while and it doesnt look like that will ever happen. as for it not working without the add-on, game fixes are not dependant on additional content so this is not the problem. the problem is that people are way too happy to shell out another $10 to buy a patch that should be free only because you get additional content that goes with it. if they want more revenue then thats great, more power to them but release the patch as a "free" standalone to fix the game that never worked right from day one. im not anti-add-on but i am against the "you cant have the patch without buying the add-on" attitude from ubisoft.

EDIT: ubisoft also knows that soon most mods will be made to work for the 1.5 patch and many mods wont be usable untill you buy the 1.5 patch with the added content, this makes "buying" the patch with added content even more necessary.

Last edited by Webster; 04-13-08 at 02:49 PM.