View Single Post
Old 10-11-11, 03:51 PM   #62
Anvart
Admiral

Downloads: 122
Uploads: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
The problem is you can't exactly write a full template due to the way the pointers work. You can't define the materials section until you know what all the pointers for the materials are doing. This is because some materials can have textures, no textures, or reference another material. I ran into this block when updating the template trying to define the materials. I couldn't write a 'template' for them that worked because I needed to know what the pointers for them did I had a template for the materials section that worked on one file but when tried on another file was totally hosed. Reason is due to not knowing what the pointers for that section said.
Yes, your template that I have seen will work correctly only with one file... may be, and then only partially.
You did not use all the features of scripting language of 010 editor...
Yes, the scripting language of editor is limited (limited analog of C), but it's enough to write a template... i think... and you absolutely did not use commands of going over... as FSeek and so on... and you must define and use all info of file header and not only...
and, at last, you have excellent Granny Viewer!
Quote:
There is another problem with writing a full template and that deals with the art tool info section. All the names listed in the art tool info section is not the full list of names. Duplicate names are not put into this list BUT the pointers for the art tool info section will reveal that multiple names are being used. Hard to write a template for that.

These GR2 files are dynamic in nature, they are not static like .dat files. One can write a parser that reads a .dat file from start to finish very easily. This is not so with the GR2 files. There is a defined structure (that is dynamic in nature from file to file) in the GR2 file.
There is nothing supernatural... Did you write program in C? Yes... therefore, all as always... i think.

Good luck.

Moses said: "Don't create yourself an idol"...

Last edited by Anvart; 10-11-11 at 04:03 PM.
Anvart is offline   Reply With Quote