View Single Post
Old 07-16-16, 09:12 AM   #369
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

However, this thread is oriented toward the newbie, who can't quite get a handle on the process of getting a torpedo out of their submarine and into the side of an unsuspecting merchant ship, preferrably one belonging to the enemy.

For that, I recommend a stock or Game Fixes Only installation, first with automatic targeting. This is because unless you lean boat handling to achieve a good firing position you can't hit the target, no matter how great you are at manual targeting.

So learn to walk first. Learn to position yourself so that the target will pass at right angles to your course, or close to that, and will pass under a thousand yards from you. That means you have to develop the skill of determining target course and speed. You have to learn at what range you will be spotted on the surface, where you have much greater speed, and when you must submerge in order to avoid an alarmed merchie changing course to get away.

You don't have to in automatic targeting, but get in the habit of determining enemy course and speed as early as possible. That will help when you take the training wheels off and go manual.

Once you are comfortable with boat handling and it's natural to you, THEN it's time to proceed to manual targeting. Boat handling is pretty automatic and you don't have to think too much about it. Believe me, it's plenty to think about when you're beginning manual targeting. It's an exacting process and you don't want to be distracted by other aspects like boat handling.

I recommend that you don't learn manual targeting with TMO. You need all the help you can get to be able to visualize the process so it is something that makes sense, not just a list you must check off for who knows what reason. When you know why you remember much better. The stock tracking system tells you why and you can check your work quickly.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote