View Single Post
Old 01-18-18, 01:21 PM   #1646
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

I pop in every couple of months, and this time to say I have to eat my words about Uncle Woy. Still can't believe it, but he's righted the ship. Fair play to him.

Same with Moyes, though I didn't run my mouth about his hire. He's also done the job. Publicly, West Ham are saying Carroll's not for sale, but if I were them I would take the money and run. Fast. Same with Chicarito if anyone is interested. Of course this would leave them with Arnautovic as the only senior striker, but there's still time. Hernandez doesn't fit the bug-eyed Scot's system, and Carroll is a perpetual knee injury in waiting. Cut your losses while other clubs are still willing to buy him. That window won't be open long.

Liverpool still an exciting train-wreck. Though lately they've seemed to keep it under control. I like the van Dijk acquisition, it addresses the biggest need, and with a quality player who should anchor the line for years to come. Exhorbitant fee, but should he still be there 5 years from now it will prove shrewd business. The win over City was massive, and I'm hoping they can continue to push on. No reason not to, and maybe they'll splash a little more of that Coutinho cash, hopefully on a good left back or maybe a new center forward as well. If Can isn't going to resign, they should be looking for a holding mid now.And for God's sake, get a good keeper! Arrghh.

Lastly, the Real Madrid slow-motion crash is sort of fun to watch in a morbid way. Somehow it's satisfying when the most smug and arrogant get their comeuppance, innit? A year ago Zidane was a genius, now he is clueless. I think it's more a matter of he looked to be a great manager, and we just misread the signs. He seems completely unable to right things. The fact that he sees his under-performing stars as undroppable is a situation that Madrid have no one to blame for but themselves. They may even miss out on a Champion's League place, and what a hoot that would be.