View Single Post
Old 09-05-16, 03:46 PM   #2
Von Due
Sea Lord

Downloads: 30
Uploads: 0

In game and historically (I believe) diving was the number one way to deal with planes. That is, until the order came to engage planes but that turned out to be a less than brilliant plan. Even their attempts at a Flak boat turned into a near disaster.

My 2 bits: Dive flank speed if you can. Better to lose an hour of work than the entire boat. If you can't coz of shallow waters then man the guns, shoot like a maniac and head for deeper water.

For loading externals, I usually wait for night time (until later in the war) or rain/fog. You have to surface to recharge the batteries and to replenish the oxygen, so that would be a good time too. If you have to surface, might as well do the reloading then. Any plane appearing would have appeared anyway. Good thing too reloading while surfaced won't attract unwanted attention from destroyers if they can't see you.

The number one challenge for me anyway is the crew gets exhausted quickly reloading torpedos but a petty officer or two with the right medals works wonders.
Von Due is offline   Reply With Quote