View Single Post
Old 03-20-12, 08:57 AM   #9
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osmium Steele View Post
I am a fan of Florida's Stand Your Ground law, but this yahoo deliberately inserted himself in what he believed was a potentially dangerous situation after being told by a PD representative to stay in his car.

As such, I believe Stand Your Ground will not apply to this guy in court. I also agree with the article where it states that the police have no say in whether the guy gets arrested or not. Stand Your Ground is a courtroom defense, not a police procedure.

Regardless what regulations that law enforcement must follow they never applied to Zimmerman because he is not a LE officer in the first place.It sounds to me like an overzealous and perhaps overly paranoid man decided to take the law into his own hands on what he believed to be a suspicious person seeing as he did not see the boy commit any crime he as a civilian had no right to chase the kid when he ran away(more than likely because some strange man was following him) Zimmerman is was not a LE officer and not in a LE vehicle any normal 17 old kid would feel threatened by a person in a private vehicle following them.More than likely there was some form of confrontation that ended poorly for the 17 year boy.
Stealhead is offline   Reply With Quote